Wednesday 3 July 2013

All you need is love

As I sit with one boy asleep in the pushchair and the other balanced asleep on my lap, my arm killing from holding it the same position for nearly an hour, and needing the loo but not wanting to wake Finley up, I think how lucky I am and how proud I am. 
 
During lunch today I heard some most awful stories about children in disadvantaged countries and how they have suffered. Some of the most indescribable things had been experienced by children as young as 3, both boys and girls at the hands of their mums, their dads an other adults who supposedly should be their protectors.

I cannot begin to imagine how they can deal with what has happened, but for the lucky few there are people willing to risk their lives to rescue these vulnerable children.  They are taken  in by a school where they get the chance to be kids and are kept safe from their abusers.

So when my boys are keeping me up all night, are grizzly all day and have driven me to the point of needing to step away for 5 minutes out of frustration , I remind my self that they are only babies and try to tell me in their own way what they need. i do my best to provide that. There are children who have no one to protect them, no one to love them or provide the basics and no family around them. We do not know how lucky we are. 

Children need unconditional love, shelter and protection and I will give this to my boys every single day as long as I am breathing. I will love them forever and more. Shelter them from all bad things and protect them the same as a lioness does her cubs. I will always be Sam and Fins mother and they will always be my world. 

No comments: