Saturday 4 April 2015

A few things that happened this week.

Its been a much shorter week this week. Daddy came home early on Thursday which makes my job so much easier! Plus with Good Friday off, I feel like a get a bit of a break.

A few things have stuck out this week that have really made me laugh. The boys are getting so funny with little things that they say. Sammy has started saying 'del-lic-ious' all by him self when ever he has dinner. Now that's not something that we have taught him. Unfortunately I think hes got it from Pepper Pig. But hey, if he says it every time I serve him dinner, it makes the effort of actually making them dinner worth it.


No that those faces actually look like they're remotely enjoying this dinner! Oh, to touch on last week food blog, a great tip if they wont eat - take them to Ikea!We went yesterday and by the time they had ran around like lunatics for an hour and a half they were so ready for lunch. I dont know what it is about that place but they are so well behaved and eat brilliantly.

We went to the park this week. It had been raining the night before so there were plenty of muddy puddles about. I went with two friends who have a boy who's nearly three and another one at 10 months. For those that know this park in our town, there is a lovely, perfectly round puddle just to the side of the bottom of the slide. Usually its dry, but on occasion where we do get rain, it turns into the mother of all muddy puddles.  I blame Pepper Pig for this one too, but could I stop him? No chance!


 All the time, Sammy was egging him on.'Big splash'! The other children and adults around the park also found it very funny. At one point, he was taking a running jump and I managed to step in front of him and swing my bag across to stop him jumping in but I knocked him over and he landed belly first in the mud, hence the muddy coat and trousers.


 I was weighing up the pros and cons. I can either spend my whole time at the park chasing two boys away from every puddle which inevitably will end in screams and dirt anyway or just let them get on with it and be happy. they have to run around with wet socks and shoes. If they're OK with that, so be it. I've learnt that mud doesn't matter. Mud and sand together make for uncomfortable chafing, but that doesn't matter either.


Lets just say after about 20 jumps, his boots were wet through, so much that every step he took, there were bubbles coming out of the tops and his trousers were soaked up to his nappy. We did manage to do lunch in the pub for an hour after whilst still wearing this wet clothes and they didn't bother him at all. I was anticipating trench foot by the time we got home though!

Mark bought the boys their own little cups for tea this week. By 'tea' I mean basically milk but they still felt very special.



So special, Sammy decided to wear his Pepper Pig pants to mark the occasion!


No comments: