Thursday 10 October 2013

A day in the life of 10 month old twin boys

Ok, this is how most of my days go. This will be a typical Monday

Anytime between 6am - 7.30 the boys will wake up. If it's before 7am we will leave them in their cots and maybe throw some toys in to hopefully keep them occupied whilst we get a final hours kip!

8am mark gets ready for work whilst the boys have a nappy change and a bit of a play. I also get ready. They are now chasing each other around the landing which is great fun.

9am we are down stairs, mark has left for the day. I prepare their breakfasts. We eat, have a play on the floor. I catch up on ipad with a tea!



9.30 ish, the boys are getting sleepy so I put them in their pushchair ready for their first nap. During this time I wash up the bottles, have a tidy up, finish getting ready and pack my bag for the day.

10.30 the boys normally have about 45 mins to an hour nap. Then they will get dressed for the day and we will head out to music class.

11.15 - 11.45 music class which the boys love! After we might pop to the shops.



12-12.30 lunch time for the boys and for me. Then we play for a few hours. I will wash up again! Get some bottles ready. At the moment they will either play in the living room on the mat or in their bouncers in he the kitchen with me.


2.30 is nap time. This can be adjusted by half and hour either side. But at the point the boys are getting a little grumpy and sleepy. So it's back in the pushchair for the longer nap of the day. On a great day I get two hours, one good day just over an hour. During this free time, I will wash up again, prepare bottles, tidy up and make sure the house is reasonable!

3.30-4pm, the boys are awake. This is when we would play for a bit. Prepare tea, go in the walkers whilst I'm in the kitchen again or go to the park.


5pm this can vary each day, the boys have their tea. Mark come home usually during this and would take over whilst I start dinner for us. 

6pm mark and the boys head out for a walk and I finish making dinner and wash up again for what seems like the 20th time!

6.30 once they are all back it's play time for a little longer until about 7 when......

7pm bath time! This is every other night otherwise it's becomes a proper mission! Once the the boys are out, dry (this takes a lot of wrestling to get them both dry with nappies and clothes on as they are more interested in trying to dive off the bed!)


7.30 bed time bottle for them and a cuddle, the both in their cots awake for them to fall asleep on their own. It mostly takes them about half an hour to get to sleep. On a great night we won't hear from me until about 11ish but at the moment this varies hugely. 

Anytime between 11pm -2pm they have another full bottle and back to sleep. (Although the getting back to sleep part it taking a long time right now!)

Anytime between 4am - 6am they used to have a full bottle but we are currently reducing the amount of milk in an attempt to wean them off this feed.

Then it's back to the beginning again! Along with all this, add in a dozen nappy changes, lots of 'no! leave that alone's. Lots of picking up and moving away from radiator, plug socket, phone charger, cats etc. There's also lots of fun, laughing, chasing, kisses and cuddles. Those bits just about get me through the day!



No comments: