Saturday 29 August 2015

The juice cleanse review DAY 1

So I decided to do a 3 day juice cleanse. I have done the Forever Living C9 in the past and really enjoyed that (okay I HATED the aloe vera) but enjoyed the 9 day process.

This time I thought I would do a 3 day juice only cleanse. Not for weight loss but apparently to clear all the toxins from my body (mental note: stop the smoking!) and hopefully re-set my body a bit.

I have previously read about many many cleanses and never attempted one. To be honest, who would enjoy the thought of having no solid food for three days? However this week, I was googling and found one that looked good to me. The lovely people from Just Juices will deliver 15 bottle pf cold pressed juice to my door for £60. Now for those who have looked into juice cleanses before, they are not cheap. So £60 I thought was a bargain.


So for three days you have 5 juices as well as hot water and lemon, at least 2L of water and decaffeinated fruit or green teas. The water is still a struggle for me as I have never been one to drink lots. The green tea is fine as I have been drinking 2-3 cups of it every day for about 2 weeks. This is what Just Juices claim the detox does:

'Just Super Cleanse is a simple way to bring yourself back to the basics of life and to the basics of food – incorporating all natrual, easily-digested, nutrient-dense juices into your daily routine in the most convenient way possible. This flawless cleanse program is designed to restore and heal our most prized possession — ourselves. By giving our bodies a break and cleansing our systems, we are able to repair our pH balance and create a healthy alkaline environment free from fatigue, headaches, insomnia, aches, pains, digestive problems and unhealthy skin.'

When my lovely refrigerated pack arrived I was very excited to see inside. All the bottles were packed to keep fresh. I was a little disappointed about the information that came with it as it was just an A4 piece of paper with a double sided photo copy on it  of what you're supposed to do. I expected more on this really.
In the Super Cleanse pack you get all the 5 above for 3 days. That's a lot of fridge space!

DAY 1: I woke up so hungry. Not a good start. I knocked back my hot water and lemon which is recommended every morning and at 9am had my first juice. Its funny but knowing you can't eat anything that day makes you a bit miserable. Just a trip into town made me grumpy, that me and the boys couldn't have lunch in the cafe like we do at least once a week. The afternoon dragged, I didn't look forward to tea time and all I wanted to do was go to bed early and wake up on day two. It amazing how much your day is focused on what and when you are going to eat.Everything smelled amazing. Walling down the street, the boys dinner cooking. Cheese strings! EVERYTHING was teasing me. It also didn't help that when looking through facebook and instagram, most of the post seemed to be about food!

But I did it. Okay I did have one tiny bit of chicken. Like the size of my little finger. That's not bad considering I'd spent all day STARVING!! I thought these cleanses were supposed to make you full and not hungry. Hmm well lets see how day 2 goes.



Wish me luck - OH AND BRING ME CHIPS!!!!!!



No comments: